And The Road Becomes My Bride...

There's no place like home. Well, that's what some people say! Unfortunately I don't really have a 'home'. I've moved around all my life, which has become the norm for me. As such, I haven't really felt settled in London these last 10 years. So I've packed my bags and am heading off around Asia, where I was born, for a while, and possibly set up camp for a few years. You can follow my travels and adventures here!

Monday, June 25, 2007

A New Addition To The Family

Click here to see photos of baby Finnegan

I am now a delighted first time uncle! Baby Finnegan Tsang Yat Sukosol-Clapp was born to my sister Melanie Giles-Clapp and proud father, Krissada Sukosol-Clapp, at 10:30pm on the 22nd June 2007. Quite an auspicious date too, being Year of the Golden Pig, on the cusp of Gemini and Cancer and also being the Swedish Midsummer Eve!
He's the sweetest little thing I've ever seen, having puffy cheeks, tiny wrinkly hands, gorgeous brown eyes, soft brown hair and the cutest little fingers and toes! He's quiet, looks thoughtful and smart and reminds me of an wise old soul. I want one now!
So currently up in Bangkok not two days after he was born, celebrating in Koh Tao the night he was till the wee hours after getting the call, and will be staying here in the Thai capital for a few days with my mum (now a grandma!!) and the happy parents after which I'll be heading back to work at Ban's Diving.
So how's it all going for me? I know it's been a long time since my last update, but hectic work schedule and expensive internet costs on Koh Tao are a great hinderance, especially with slow access and loads of photos to upload (I hate posting without photos).
Life is getting on well, I'm working full time at Ban's Diving as a scuba instructor after all of the mess in January and enjoying life tremendously! Am still going to leave Koh Tao after this high season though (around end of September), as debts still need to be paid from now nearly two years of travelling and I'm only affording the minimums!
So I'm going to head back to Hong Kong and get a 'proper job' to pay a few things back before reconsidering where to go from there!
Will try to update more often (meant to do so so many times before, like when I saw my first Whaleshark a couple of months ago!).
So you all have about 3 months left to come and visit me in Koh Tao before I leave!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice baby! looks like Mell! I am still in Phuket! So, welcome. I tried to reach you on phone couple of times, but you didn't answer
Congratulations, Uncle:)
missntk

Tue Jun 26, 03:57:00 AM 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home