And The Road Becomes My Bride...

There's no place like home. Well, that's what some people say! Unfortunately I don't really have a 'home'. I've moved around all my life, which has become the norm for me. As such, I haven't really felt settled in London these last 10 years. So I've packed my bags and am heading off around Asia, where I was born, for a while, and possibly set up camp for a few years. You can follow my travels and adventures here!

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

DMT to IDC



Well, it's been such a long time since my last update!!! Sorry about that folks! I've been quite busy, plus with so many photos to upload (thanks Anastasia!) and the internet being so slow here in Koh Tao, I haven't got round to it till now!
So yeah, since I was in Phuket, I've done a couple of visa runs to Myanmar since then (the last one I overstayed 3 days! Cost a lot!), finished my DMT (Dive Master Training) last week so I'm now a certified Dive Master, and now started the IDC (Instructor Development Course). The last month has been a right blast as you'll see from the photos! We all got together (DMTs) and filmed a video with all the guys dressed as girls, and vice versa a month ago. Got the DVD now, and it's hilarious and scary at the same time. I promise never to wear a thong bikini again!!
Finished my DMT last week, had to do a snorkel test which involves drinking a bucket of various alcohols mixed to make it as digusting as possible, then drinking it down through a snorkel while you wear a diving mask (so you can't breathe)! I promptly hurled straight after I did mine!
Started my IDC course last week. I just finished the Assistant Instructor course the other day, and after today, I'll be a first aid instructor too! 10 more days till I finish the course and will be a full scuba diving instructor! Woohoo!!
Would love to stay here and work. Rapidly running out of money (thanks to my Aunt Linda for funding my IDC!!). If I can't get work here pronto and earn cash, I'll be ending my trip and return to Hong Kong for a bit and find a job somewhere (maybe Shanghai!). If all goes well, I'll stay here in Koh Tao for a while, earn money and continue my travels now and then as little breaks from work! Would love to stay here for maybe a year or so working!!
Next week, I'll give you all a better breakdown of all that's happened and happening as I'm only on a short lunch break from lessons!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you're having a blast mate! Hopefully starting to scuba later in the year, inspired by some fanastic tales and photos :)

If you pass through Singapore on the way up to Hong Kong, it would be grand to see you, k?

Ramirez

Wed Sep 06, 06:23:00 AM 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what happened to my son!is The drink or the Thai water!
see you soon!

love
Mum

Wed Sep 06, 07:53:00 AM 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's just wrong!

I don't understand where the money worries are coming from... from the looks of things, you should be able to rake it in on any Thai street corner! ;-)

Wed Sep 06, 09:40:00 AM 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There seems to be a trend in you very willingly donning make up and ladies clothes (Bayswater incl). Don't deny your true calling!

Mon Sep 18, 02:07:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home