And The Road Becomes My Bride...

There's no place like home. Well, that's what some people say! Unfortunately I don't really have a 'home'. I've moved around all my life, which has become the norm for me. As such, I haven't really felt settled in London these last 10 years. So I've packed my bags and am heading off around Asia, where I was born, for a while, and possibly set up camp for a few years. You can follow my travels and adventures here!

Monday, May 29, 2006

Ascension

Just a quick update to let you know that I'm currently in Yuksom in West Sikkim! Met a lovely girl in Pelling called Paula, and her friend Nicola, whom Rob and I have been trekking with the past few days through the stunning green gorges and valleys of Sikkim. No photos at the moment because it's just too slow here to upload any!
The four of us decided to do the harcore thing, and tomorrow we'll be heading off on the Goecha-La trail, up to around 4500m on Goecha-La peak over 10 days very close to Kanchenjunga. We'll have a guide, equipment, yaks, etc., sleeping in tents and trekkers' huts if we come across them, so it should be well fun and damn good exercise! Costs a bit though (150 quid), but I'm here now, so why not?
Expect the next update in about 2 weeks time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home