And The Road Becomes My Bride...

There's no place like home. Well, that's what some people say! Unfortunately I don't really have a 'home'. I've moved around all my life, which has become the norm for me. As such, I haven't really felt settled in London these last 10 years. So I've packed my bags and am heading off around Asia, where I was born, for a while, and possibly set up camp for a few years. You can follow my travels and adventures here!

Monday, June 26, 2006

Back To The Grind

Finally made it back to Koh Tao to complete my dive course. Nice seeing all the guys here again. I've basically been thrown right back into the thick of things when I arrived! I spent the last 4 days in Bangkok at my sister's place, had Japanese food 4 times and reaquainted myself with roast lamb and lasagne again!! So nice looking at the menus trying to decide what to eat after 4 months in India when before, the same menus would seem boring to me!
So yeah, caught the 6am flight from Bangkok to Samui, so I didn't sleep the night before since I had to leave my sister's place at 4am to get to the airport. Straight after the flight landed, I took the boat to Koh Tao, got back to Ban's Diving Resort, went into the office to say 'hi' to Neil, one of the admin staff here, and his greeting was 'You're leading a dive this afternoon'. So not 4 hours back in Koh Tao and I'm working, leading a group of 5 divers with no sleep the night before!
I've had to get to know a lot of the new divemasters here since most from Jan/Feb have left. There are a few still here doing their instructor course which is cool. Went to watch the England V Ecuador game down the beach last night (I thought England played appallingly even though they won), got a good night's sleep and led a dive again today.
It's nice being back in Thailand. I feel so comfortable here, and don't feel like I'm in a foreign country to my native self. I think it's because I've been here so many times, plus my sister lives here, so I feel good and secure here. I could easily live here I think! Shame there aren't any big computer games companies here that I could work for! Won't earn enough here working as a diving instructor to survive unfortunately!
So I'll probably stay here for another 2-3 months before heading off to (perhaps) Burma, then Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam. I'll have to see how much money I spend here! Seems like I won't be earning much here which is a bit of a spanner in the works, there's no real demand for people working behind the bar, plus I won't earn dosh leading dives till after I finish my course which'll be in a month or so's time. We'll see! It's low season too, the weather isn't too bad, but surprisingly the visibility on the dives has been fantastic the last two days! Hope it keeps!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home