And The Road Becomes My Bride...

There's no place like home. Well, that's what some people say! Unfortunately I don't really have a 'home'. I've moved around all my life, which has become the norm for me. As such, I haven't really felt settled in London these last 10 years. So I've packed my bags and am heading off around Asia, where I was born, for a while, and possibly set up camp for a few years. You can follow my travels and adventures here!

Saturday, December 24, 2005

The Last Supper

Here I am in Hong Kong, not 2 hours off the flight, and I'm already in front of a computer... Sad isn't it?
Had a great final evening in London with Martin, Penny, Kosh and John Webber for a final meal at home. I think we poslished off about 6 bottles of wine, a bottle of champers, 8 cans of beer and a fair few Cuba Libres between us. Went to bed at 6:30am, got 3 hours kip, packed, then got on the plane feeling a bit worse for wear. ;)
Odd being in HK. Doesn't feel like I'm on holiday yet, since this is home really. I don't think it's all sunken in. I've quit my job, left my home for the last 10 years, my friends, my girlfriend... It's all quite shocking really! I think it'll really hit home when I'm on my flight to India since being here in HK is normal for me!
Off to Ling and Caroline Malone's for their Xmas Eve party tonight! Great excuse to get drunk and pass out later to 'get over the jet lag'!I hope you all have a fantastic time over the festive period, and I'll drop a line here to tell you all what I got for Xmas!!
Merry Christmas to you all, and don't eat too much! I might stay off the turkey in case I get bird flu... Ha ha. ;)
Oh, and it's 22 degrees centigrade here. I'm wearing a T-shirt. Hope you're all suitably jealous in your five layers....

2 Comments:

Blogger Billy Abbott said...

My fingers are cold enough that I can't type. Git.

Tue Dec 27, 11:13:00 AM 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're having fun, sir. Shall be shifting out to Singapore permanently in February - so hopefully catch up with you and Ling then :)

Wed Dec 28, 08:23:00 AM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home