And The Road Becomes My Bride...

There's no place like home. Well, that's what some people say! Unfortunately I don't really have a 'home'. I've moved around all my life, which has become the norm for me. As such, I haven't really felt settled in London these last 10 years. So I've packed my bags and am heading off around Asia, where I was born, for a while, and possibly set up camp for a few years. You can follow my travels and adventures here!

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Family, Friends

It's been emotional, tiring and pretty woozy-headed, but it's been fun! Seeing all my friends for my last weekend in London hasn't really hit me yet. That may be due to the fact that I'm actually still around for another week and will see most of them before I quit these shores. I know I might not see some of them before I go, and that makes it tough.


I've really begun to realise what my friends mean to me. I've never spent more than a couple of years at any one school, and as such, have never really established good friendships with people. It's only been since I started University that I've really had a good circle of friends, and living in London for the past 10 years has augmented these friendships a great deal.
So it's with heavy heart and solemn tear to say farewell to some. I'll be honest, there are probably a few people I call friends I know I will never see again. It's these people I think I'll miss the most, as I never got to know them better.
But those of you I know well and I'll see again, these past years you've been more than friends, you've been my family.
Here's to good times in the future, wherever we meet again, you, my family, my friends!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everoyne's going to Asia to find themselves. Is this the new "in" thing? You. Sean. Well, that's about it, really. Anyway, my friend. I hope you find what you're looking for. Although, if you'd asked me, I'd have told you to do an internet search & buy whatever you're looking for on eBay. Take care.

Daniel

Fri Dec 16, 09:00:00 AM 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dan, I tried looking for 'Bangkok lady boy' on eBay, but all I found was this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/THE-LADY-BOYS-OF-BANGKOK-LONDON-THATRE-POSTER_W0QQitemZ3836193229QQcategoryZ60421QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Guess I missed that show. So I'm going all the way there to find them! ;)

Fri Dec 16, 09:54:00 AM 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm. I just wrote a comment and I can't see it.

Perhaps you'll all see both of these comments and I'll look a knob.

Sat Dec 17, 04:10:00 AM 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't see it so I'll try again!

Don't worry your friends will never forget you (though they'll beg to), so you can always go back when you want to.

But if you hadn't come, you'd never have been happy with your choice.

Looking forward to seeing you over here! You can laugh at the crap Cantonese I've started developing (at last!) :D

Sat Dec 17, 04:13:00 AM 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is this thing on?

Ahem... Dom, my favourite pom,
good on you,
but I'm sad you're gone.
Who will I stay with
when I cross the pond?

I guess I'll have to come find you in Asia sometime this spring.

Tue Dec 20, 04:09:00 AM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home